Odd man out
Find the "odd man out." There may be more than one answer.
Read Article: Red Wine Benefits Could Lead to Anti-Aging
Hey! Didja hear? There's a new study that says you can drink red wine to counteract the effects of a high-fat diet. Double-bacon cheeseburger here I come!
I don't think that's such a good idea. A high-fat diet is unhealthy, no matter how much red wine you drink.
I don't drink red wine. I drink beer.
Well, that's not going to benefit your health: Especially if you keep eating so unhealthy.
But doctors are saying that alcohol every day is good for you.
That's pretty convoluted. You know that doctors don't think people should consume alcohol every day.
Yes, there've been a lot of studies showing some health benefits for red wine, but no one tells you to drink beer every day. I think they're recommending a single glass of red wine, two or three times a week.
Well, this latest study says something about fat mice being as healthy as thin mice, if they drink a lot of red wine.
Mice don't drink wine.
Well, the scientists gave them wine molecules on their food and they got healthy, even though they ate a lot of fat.
Yes, but those researchers didn't tell you to start drinking a lot of wine. They hope to synthesize the properties in wine, so they can make a pill.
That's all we need. More pills to pop. I tell you, it'll drive you to drink. But from now on, it'll be red wine!
To your health!
1. Do you drink alcohol? Do you like red wine?
2. What do you think are the effects of drinking red wine? Do you believe the reports about its health benefits?
3. What are some problems that could be associated with the research findings concerning the benefits of red wine?
4. Would you like to take a pill that is derived from red wine and grapes?
5. What do you think about anti-aging efforts of the medical community?
6. What do you think about research for obesity treatments that don't involve weight-loss?